Hire Your Own Ahwatukee Agent
The primary role of a Realtor is assisting a homebuyer in making well-informed decisions, to protect the rights of the buyer and to provide convenience throughout the buying process. This protective value is cost-free since the seller typically pays the sales commissions.
It’s rather surprising that an Ahwatukee homebuyer will use a real estate professional when buying a resale home but rarely considers gaining the same advantages when buying a brand new home from an Ahwatukee community homebuilder. On the surface it would appear unnecessary to have your own real estate agent when buying from a home developer, but it is just as important to have a Realtor to protect your interests and to provide convenience. Here’s why.
- Just as an agent can apply knowledge and experience to identify resale homes that fit needs, desires and budget, a real estate professional can also direct buyers to developments that fit the same criteria. This will save the buyer a lot of wasted time.
- An Ahwatukee real estate agent can suggest Ahwatukee builders with solid reputations of delivering a high quality home. A real estate professional intimately knowledgeable of community real estate markets knows which builders quickly respond to buyer issues and often are familiar with the financial stability of certain builders.
- An onsite broker or sales agent for a developer exclusively represents the interests of the builder…. not you as the buyer. A new homebuyer deserves their own representation to protect their interests.
- Sometimes a real estate agent may be familiar with how a developer establishes sales prices. And there could be some room for negotiation of a lower price or concessions for upgrades which typically have high profit margins.
- Investing in a home is huge commitment and there are mountains of paperwork and documents involved in purchasing a new home. The boilerplate small type is hard to read yet alone understand. A real estate professional can help you through the process and advise you accordingly of clauses and conditions that could put you at risk.
It is important to note that not all home developers will work with real estate agents but most do because they are sources for homebuyer referrals. Call the developer to find out if they will work with your Realtor. Almost all Ahwatukee home builders will require that your real estate agent accompany you on your first visit to their sales office. It’s worth doing that.